Join us for a series of webcasts introducing you to the benefits of Autodesk Vault PLM.
While Product Data Management (PDM) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) are often discussed as two different business applications, the different concepts they describe are really part of a single, holistic approach to managing information and processes. That said, it's useful to understand those concepts and capabilities, and how implementing them can help your business.
Join us as we embark upon a five-week journey to better understand the key concepts of PDM and PLM, using Autodesk's Vault PLM product offering as a guide. The first webcast will serve as an introduction to the series. Subsequent webcasts will dive into more detail on the various aspects of common PLM functionality.
Please register for each webcast.
#1 - PDM vs PLM? Why Not Both?
February 10, 2021 at 11:00 AM
The first webcast will serve as an introduction to the series and cover the following topics:
- Where PDM and PLM fit in the overall product lifecycle
- The key concepts of PDM and PLM
- How PLM differs from ERP/MRP/CRM
- A review of the Autodesk Vault PLM product offering
#2 - Using PLM to Manage Change and Quality
February 17, 2021 at 11:00 AM
In this second of a five-part series introducing the concepts of PLM we'll discuss Change and Quality. Change Management is one of the most important and challenging aspects of delivering quality products on-time and under-budget. Topics that will be covered in this webcast are:
- Closing the loop on the change process, from the first discovered nonconformance to the last ECO
- Linking the various change-related activities for transparency and productivity
- How reporting can help you be proactive instead of reactive
#3 - Using PLM to Manage Bills of Material
February 24, 2021 at 11:00 AM
In this third of a five-part series introducing the concepts of PLM we'll discuss Bills of Material (BOMs). BOMs are the primary vehicle for describing a product. They typically serve as the foundation for various fundamental business processes, which makes their proper management vital. Topics that will be covered in this webcast are:
- How you can configure, manage, and share BOMs across the organization
- Comparing BOMs to facilitate the change process
- Incorporating suppliers and customers directly into your processes
- Managing supplier qualifications and approved parts (AML/AVL)
- Releasing BOMs and design information to manufacturing
#4 - Using PLM to Manage New Product Introduction
March 3, 2021 at 11:00 AM
In this fourth of a five-part series introducing the concepts of PLM we'll discuss how PLM can accelerate the process of bringing new products to market. Topics that will be covered in this webcast are:
- A general NPI/NPD workflow
- Using phase-gate milestone tracking to anticipate and avoid delays
- How reporting can provide real-time views into development status
- How PLM can provide unique insights into your product portfolio
#5 - Using PLM to Manage Supplier Information
March 10, 2021 at 11:00 AM
In this fifth and final entry in our 'Using PLM' series introducing the concepts of PLM we'll discuss Supplier Management. Topics that will be covered in this webcast are:
- Integrating with CRM and ERP to leverage enterprise information
- Auditing suppliers and maintaining "Do not Use" lists to avoid future problems
- Linking BOM components to supplier information for compliance standards
- Tracking compliance to regulations like RoHS, REACH, ISO9000
- Providing secure, direct participation to suppliers in the procurement process